Electrical Wiring Services
- ELECTRICAL EXPERTS: Our electricians have over 35 years of experience in the industry, serving 1000s of residential & commercial estates.
- FULL 1-STOP ELECTRICAL SERVICES: Our top-to-bottom electrical service is designed to be fuss-free for you. Besides providing the electrical service, we can also supply you the lights, power sockets & bulbs required for the service!
- RANGE OF ELECTRICAL SERVICES: Our electricians carry out a comprehensive list of electrical works including installation of lights, switches, sockets, electrical wiring, power trip/failure restoration & more. Each service is done with thorough care.
Our Full Range Of Electrical Wiring Services Include:
Power Socket Power Points
- Create power point outlet
- Power switch socket provided
Aircon Point Wiring
- Create 15A Aircon point
DB Box Wiring
- Install DB Box
- Wiring to other electrical components included
Our Trusted Clients
We've Completed 1000s of Electrical Works in Singapore With 100s of Strong Reviews.
How Can We Help You Today?
When you need to hire an electrician in Singapore, it pays to hire a reliable electrician. For your homes and business to be safe, all your electrical works need to be properly installed, maintained and repaired as and when.
Here are some tips on how to find a reliable electrical contractor in Singapore:
- License / Accreditations
Only hire an EMA licensed electrician in Singapore. Get as much information as possible to confirm that the electrician is capable and understands what you need him to do.
Not all electrical companies offer the same type of services. For an electrical installation, there can be varying degrees of expertise, so what one company can provide, may not be the same as another. Therefore, be sure to check if the electrician you are getting can confidently complete the type of electrical services you are seeking.
Look up the company online to ensure that they have a good online reputation. Read the reviews you see online and check their social media pages for any red flags.
Look at Singapore electrical services that offers electrical works with workmanship or service warranty, and check if the warranty is extended to the electrical products as well.
Do you know that hundreds of people are treated or hospitalised due to electricity-related injuries in Singapore every year? Most these injuries are because of unqualified people not follow general electrical safety tips while carrying out DIY electrical works. An EMA-licensed electrician has gone through the necessary training and have sufficient qualifications to have the experience in their field. These licenses are issued by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) in Singapore.
Be sure to hire EMA-licensed electricians for:
- Your safety
- Their proper training
- Their reliability
- Ensured quality service
- Supply and Install 15amp Aircon Point (non-concealed wiring): From $150
- Supply and Install 13 / 15amp Washing Machine Point (non-concealed wiring): From $150
- Supply and Install 20amp Water Heater Point (non-concealed wiring): From $150
- Supply and Install Single 13amp Power Point Power Socket (non-concealed wiring): From $65
- Supply and Install Double 13amp Power Point Power Socket (non-concealed wiring): From $150
- Supply and Install Lighting Switch Power Point Power Socket (non-concealed wiring): From $150
- Supply and Install Dimmer Switch Power Point Power Socket (non-concealed wiring): From $130
EDB / DB BOX
- Supply and Install Brand New Distribution Board (DB Box) for 3-Room Flat: From $400
- Supply and Install Brand New Distribution Board (DB Box) for 4-Room Flat: From $500
- Supply and Install Brand New Distribution Board (DB Box) for 5-Room Flat: From $600
- Supply and Install Brand New Distribution Board (DB Box) for office (63A): From $700
- Supply and Install Brand New Distribution Board (DB Box) for other property types: Call to Enquire
See here for full list of our electrical services prices.
Our Electrical Wiring Services include:
- Inspection & Diagnosis
- Light Points Wiring
- Power Socket Power Points
- Aircon Point Wiring
- Water Heater Point Wiring
- DB Box Wiring
- Whole House Rewiring
Customer Reviews About Our Electrical Services
Table of Contents (click on the sub-topic to get to the section you want)
Different Types of Electrical Wiring In Singapore
Electrical wiring installation is important for wirings and it can be easily seen in every household or establishment as well as in outdoor areas. There’s a wide range of different electrical wiring types used for electrical works.
Types Of Electrical Wiring According To Cable Covers
- Non-metallic (NM) cables are appropriate in dry areas like the households in Singapore. This cable type typically consists of a live wire, current flow, ground, and neutral wire.
- Underground Feeder (UF) is a non-metallic cable made up of solid plastic sheathing that covers each of the live wire, neutral and ground wire. The UF cable is not very important in wet areas such as the bathroom, kitchen, and outdoor spaces.
- Conduits are electrical wirings that are made up of metallic or plastic tubing enclosures. These are usually used as house wirings, which are uncovered in the inside walls and ceilings of household.
- Wires with low voltage are surrounded by a plastic cable. These wires are usually small and are used in circuits with a low voltage such as doorbell switches, decorative lights, and thermostats.
- However, in other electrical wirings which are covered in an alloy of lead and aluminum, in which more than 90% of this includes lead. Lead is a strong metal that protects the wires inside from any kind of harm and decay due to moisture and weather.
After knowing the different types of electrical wiring in Singapore, be aware of the signs for when you require electrical wiring upgrade.
Signs You Require Electrical Wiring Upgrade
Electrical wirings should be normally checked during renovation and every after a decade. After several years have passed, you can notice the signs that some wirings need to be electrically replaced. What could be the obvious signs you require an electrical wiring upgrade?
We provided a list of signs which are useful for you to determine when you need to upgrade your electrical wirings.
Foul and Burning Smell
If you happen to smell a burning odor from your electrical outlet and socket, quickly turn off all your electrical appliances and let it be inspected. Until an electrician checks the problem, it is advisable to not make use of the socket and outlet.
Electrical Shocks From Switches
Another sign that you need to change your wirings is when you notice shocking and jolting switches. The reason behind electrical shocks from switches is that the cables are experiencing short circuits to the wires.
Have you heard of any buzzing noise coming from the electrical connections? It can be a dangerous sign. The noise from the electrical wires could be caused by the detached connections, outlets, or wobbly wires.
Frequently Blown Fuses
If you frequently replace your electrical fuses, it can also be a sign of faulty wiring. That’s an obvious sign that the electricity is not passing through the correct way. It is ideal to contact an electrical contractor to properly check the fuses.
An appliance from abroad with a high voltage power cannot be plugged in a single port at the same time with other appliances as it may lead to overloading and it overheats the socket. Always check what is plugged into the electrical outlet and also check how many to make sure that the port will not overheat.
Besides knowing the signs of electrical wiring upgrade, remember to also closely study the signs of an electrical wiring repair or replacement.
6 Signs Of An Electrical Wiring Repair Or Replacement
Electrical wiring is an important component in every household as many of us use electrical appliances on a daily basis. Hence, we encourage you to take note of these 6 signs you need an electrical wiring repair and replacement.
Wires wearing out
Any electric wire found in your house is subject to frays due to heat, age, corrosion, and general wear-and-tear. Be aware that screws and nails are likely to damage the wires with their sharp edges. More often than not, rodents also chew on electrical wires, which can lead to eventual damage.
Immoderate heat damage
Found any scorch marks or warm, burnt spots on your electrical switches or power sockets? These might be obvious signs of improper electrical wiring in Singapore. Do take note that electrical switches and outlets should not be warm to touch, otherwise, it may indicate a case of overheating.
Circuit breaker tripping
Circuit breakers that frequently trip are an indication of overloading. If there is critical damage on your electrical wires or circuit breaker, an electrical panel replacement might be required to be done.
A smoky power socket
In any situation concerning electricity, any form of smoke emitting from your power socket is an ultimate warning sign that tells you to replace your power socket. When you notice such things happening, quickly switch off the power.
Lights beginning to dim
If your lighting installations tend to dim when you switch on some electrical outlets, then it is highly likely that your circuit or electrical wiring is overloaded. To ensure your safety is not compromised, troubleshoot the issue by specifically inspecting both your circuit and electrical wiring.
Over time, connections between electrical switches and wires loosen due to frequent usage and old age. With this, you should regularly check and ensure all switch plates and outlet covers are in good condition, to ensure your electrical wiring is properly and effectively secured inside its container.
Once you have studied the signs of an electrical wiring repair or replacement, make sure to take note of the electrical wiring mistakes you should avoid.
Electrical Wiring Mistakes You Should Avoid
Many people prefer doing the electrical work instead, such as replacing electrical wirings, changing of LED light or fan fitting to save money. It is important to know the electrical wiring mistakes you should avoid to prevent electrical problems such as short circuits or power failure.
We have provided some instructions for people who choose to do electrical wiring by themselves.
- An electrical wire has three colors which are black, white, and red. Ensure that all wires are functioning well and avoid connecting them. If the 3 wires are connected caused by miswiring, you may experience short circuits or shocks.
- Many people without enough experience will try stripping the wire to get connections. Although this is a great risk and may result in fires and electric jolts. Therefore, do not try this without seeking the help of an approved electrician.
- Tangled wires need to be rewired by a licensed electrician. Ensure that the wires are accurately connected with the port if you are rewiring. Incorrect positioning of wires can lead to starting a fire.
- Electrical boxes are vital to secure you from electrical sparks or flame, and arranging the boxes will guarantee your protection, which can avoid further harm. It is important not to saturate the boxes as it may result in overloading and can cause fires.
- Ensure that all plastic cables are covered below the walls. Covered plastic cables can help you save money and time rather than rewiring broken or loose wires. There’s a high risk of accidents when you leave exposed cables.
- Remember to only use 1 electrical wire to the switch and if you are putting several wires, use a nut by pigtail that is attached to the screw of the appliance.
You can follow these guidelines to help you in DIY electrical wiring to prevent electrical issues such as short circuits, electrical overload, and fires.
If you are in need of electrical wiring services, we highly recommend contacting Everyworks Singapore. We have professional electricians who can resolve even the most complex electrical wiring problems. Moreover, they can ensure that any accidents or severe damage as a result of DIY works are prevented. We also provide many other electrical services such as electrical repairs, electrical switch services, circuit breaker services, electrical troubleshooting, light switch services, HDB electrician services, power socket services, and power trip services.
Everyworks Singapore gives you the quickest solution to resolve all home maintenance issues faced by the busy modern individual. Fast response, fast arrangements and quality workmanship at reasonable and affordable prices. As a leading trusted service provider in Singapore, we have served over 20,000 customers delivering outstanding service with hundreds of highly-rated reviews on both Google and Facebook for our professional plumber, electrician, aircon servicing technicians and handyman teams. Read through our articles and browse our past works to find out more about our home services in Singapore. To find a quick solution to your home repair woes, contact our dedicated and fast response customer support with a picture or a quick text by Whatsapp at +65 82410032.