- ELECTRICAL EXPERTS: Our electricians have over 35 years of experience in the industry, serving 1000s of residential & commercial estates.
- FULL 1-STOP ELECTRICAL SERVICES: Our top-to-bottom electrical service is designed to be fuss-free for you. Besides providing the electrical service, we can also supply you the lights, power sockets & bulbs required for the service!
- RANGE OF ELECTRICAL SERVICES: Our electricians carry out a comprehensive list of electrical works including installation of lights, switches, sockets, electrical wiring, power trip/failure restoration & more. Each service is done with thorough care.
Our Full Range Of Light Services Include:
- Ceiling Lights
- Ceiling Fan Lights
- Downlight / Recessed Lights
- LED Lights
- Fluorescent Lights
- Hanging Lights / Decorative Lights
- Cove Lights
- Track Lights
- Track Lights
Light ReplacementReplacing your lights or light bulb? You can count on our dedicated team of electricians at Everyworks to help you carry out the job. We can also supply and install the necessary lights and spare parts for your 1-stop convenience.
Light RepairNo need to replace your light but your light is suddenly not working? It could be the ballast, starter or driver that needs replacement. Let our professional electricians diagnose the electrical issue for you and perform the light repair on the spot.
Our Trusted Clients
We've Completed 1000s of Electrical Works in Singapore With 100s of Strong Reviews.
How Can We Help You Today?
When you need to hire an electrician in Singapore, it pays to hire a reliable electrician. For your homes and business to be safe, all your electrical works need to be properly installed, maintained and repaired as and when.
Here are some tips on how to find a reliable electrical contractor in Singapore:
- License / Accreditations
Only hire an EMA licensed electrician in Singapore. Get as much information as possible to confirm that the electrician is capable and understands what you need him to do.
Not all electrical companies offer the same type of services. For an electrical installation, there can be varying degrees of expertise, so what one company can provide, may not be the same as another. Therefore, be sure to check if the electrician you are getting can confidently complete the type of electrical services you are seeking.
Look up the company online to ensure that they have a good online reputation. Read the reviews you see online and check their social media pages for any red flags.
Look at Singapore electrical services that offers electrical works with workmanship or service warranty, and check if the warranty is extended to the electrical products as well.
Do you know that hundreds of people are treated or hospitalised due to electricity-related injuries in Singapore every year? Most these injuries are because of unqualified people not follow general electrical safety tips while carrying out DIY electrical works. An EMA-licensed electrician has gone through the necessary training and have sufficient qualifications to have the experience in their field. These licenses are issued by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) in Singapore.
Be sure to hire EMA-licensed electricians for:
- Your safety
- Their proper training
- Their reliability
- Ensured quality service
- Install downlight point with casing, wiring & installation of the light (* if light fitting provided by the house owner): From $70; add. point from $40
- Install ceiling light fitting (*if light fitting provided by houseowner): From $70; add. point from $40
- Install hanging / deco light fitting (*if light fitting provided by houseowner): From $80; add. point from $50
- Replace light bulb / light fitting: From $70; add. point from $40
See here for full list of our light services prices.
Our Light Services include:
- Light Installation
- Light Replacement
- Light Repairs
Customer Reviews About Our Electrical Services
Table of Contents (click on the sub-topic to get to the section you want)
Importance of Lighting Installation
Your home lighting installation is important because it can bring about an almost-instant transformation in any room you install lights in. Lighting in your home or business is both functional and aesthetic, you can use it to create whatever effect you desire depending on your personal style.
Whatever light installations you choose for your home or property, it pays to have a professional and reliable electrician in Singapore to do it for you. Otherwise, frequent wiring issues, burnt bulbs, and other electrical problems that arise from faulty installations may burn a hole in your pocket. This may even be more expensive than your initial light installation costs.
What Lights Most Suit Different Parts of Your House?
There are many different light installations that can help enhance the visibility and aesthetics of any room in your house. You may want something functional and cheap or choose to have something elaborate and decorative. Whatever your preference may be, we conduct any type of lighting installations along with our other electrical services. We conduct professional lighting installation services in Singapore to ensure that you have a system that doesn’t lead to power failures or other electrical problems.
Kitchen and Bathroom Light installation
Lighting installations in the kitchen and bathroom must be functional. You don’t want shadows or dark spaces that could lead to injuries. Single lights may not provide all the lighting you need.
The electrical wiring also must be done with caution as these are areas with a lot of water. For kitchens and bathrooms, you should consider the following;
- LED light installations for overall ambience and good lighting all times of the day
- Ceiling light installation above work stations or centre islands
- Wall lighting at the corners
Living Room and Bedroom Light Installation
You can get fancy with these types of light installations because interior lighting is an important part of the design of any room. Light fixtures can be elaborate for the living room while recessed lights can be installed for bedrooms for safety reasons. It is also advisable to install dimmer lights in such cases.
Reducing Electricity Bills With Efficient Lighting
Want to save money on your electricity bill while also protecting the environment? Using energy-efficient LED bulbs will help you maintain a cooler and better-lit house. With LED light installations, you can save almost 50% on your electricity bills. If you choose to hire Everyworks Electrician Singapore, you can be ensured that we use only the most efficient energy-saving lights for your home or office and offer warranties on all light fixtures and light installations.
Common Light Issues in Singapore
Occasional light installation issues happen every now and then in most households. But before any homeowner delves into any kind of electrical services, they should first know the variety of light installation problems that they might encounter. This will be better for them as they will be equipped with the knowledge required to troubleshoot any kind of light issues.
Light Fixture Problems
- Light Bulbs Burn Out
- If the light bulbs in your house burn out quite often, then it is high time you look into the root cause of the issue. There are supposedly various reasons behind this light installation problem. If you use bulbs with a higher wattage than recommended, then is more likely that this burn out occurs because of this very reason. Remember to be cautious about troubleshooting such light installations as these bulbs could be lead to potential danger.
- Flickering Lights
- Flickering lights are not only considered very troublesome to repair, but having them in a room can also be uncomfortable. While there might be numerous reasons behind this light installation problem, poor connection in the circuit tops the list. Remember to narrow down the issue properly by observing when and where the light is flickering.
- Bright lights and dim lights
- Most homeowners can usually detect whether light installations are brighter or dimmer than usual. Such problems are usually caused by a damaged neutral connection and when this happens, you should immediately call a licensed electrician. To avoid this type of issue, remember not to attempt any kind of DIY lighting installation when you don’t have any electrical experience.
Other Light -Related Problems
- Problems with ceiling light fixtures caused by a light switch
- Oftentimes, the light problem isn’t from the light fixture itself, but from the light switch. When light fixtures flicker in such scenarios, you should quickly contact a trusted electrician and opt for a light repair service.
- Problems with the recessed lights
- Recessed lights, or can lights, also face similar light installation problems like normal light fixtures. Hence, they are also subjected to similar lighting repair services. However, keep in mind that recessed lights are equipped with limit switches designed to turn off the light fixture when it heats on an unsafe level.
How to Replace Light Fixtures in Singapore
While you should always engage the service of trusted electrician when replacing light fixtures, some people with experience and are familiar with electrical services can often try carrying it out too.
Steps on How to Replace Light Fixtures in Singapore
Prepare the tools needed and switch off the power supply
- Lay out and prepare all the necessary tools and safety instruments needed for the replacement of light fixtures. Make sure that you have the following tools before you start working:
- Mounting hardware
- Wire cutters
- Voltage detector
- Short copper wires for joining
- Wire connectors
- Electricity tester
- One of the first few steps before starting any kind of light replacement of repair is to switch off the power supply from the main point of the building. This will always remain an important precautionary measure to ensure the safety of the electrician handling the task. However, the electrician also needs to know beforehand exactly which switch is directly linked to the specific light fixture to be replaced. It is better to mark that specific switch in order to correctly identify the electrical wirings connected to the power supply point.
Removing the old light fixture
- In light fixtures, the assembly of wirings is usually hidden from sight as it is covered by a canopy. Hence, you should open up this round canopy by removing the screws holding it together. The canopy is commonly found in all light fixture types, which this matter easy for electricians to handle.
- You will see a set of black, red, and green cables after opening up the canopy Unscrew all of these three main existing electric wires installed on your wall or ceiling. Make sure that these three wires are completely disconnected from old light fixtures before connecting it to the new one. But don’t fret, because a good electrician in Singapore is fully experienced in handling this procedure when replacing all electric fixtures.
- Fit the new light fixture to the ceiling. Do note that some ceiling light fixtures may come with a chain, the length of which should be adjusted for perfect installation. Carefully hide the chain carefully inside the canopy. Securely fit the entire fixture by tightening the screws on it.
- Finally, don’t forget to test the newly replaced light fixture. Do this by switching on the power supply to check if the light fixture is working well. Any loose connections between the black or white cables will prevent the light fixture from working at the optimal level.