Pipe Leak Services
Contact Everyworks Plumber for professional plumbing services to solve your pipe leak issues!
- PLUMBING EXPERTS: Our plumbers have over 35 years of experience in the industry, serving 1000s of residential & commercial estates.
- FULL 1-STOP PLUMBING SERVICES: Our top-to-bottom plumbing service is designed to be fuss-free for you. Besides having your plumbing fixtures repaired or replace, you can even buy & Install water heaters, toilet bowls, taps & more from us at direct contractor prices!
- RANGE OF PLUMBING SERVICES: Our plumbers carry out a comprehensive list of plumbing works including clearing chokes, fixing leaks, water heater services, tap installation services & more. Each service is done with thorough care.
Our Pipe Leak Services Include:
Our Trusted Clients
We've Completed 1000s of Plumbing Works in Singapore With 100s of Strong Reviews.
How Can We Help You Today?
Customer Reviews About Our Plumbing Services
It is crucial for home owners to be aware when there is a , as it could result in undesirable consequences. A leaking pipe can cause property damages worth thousands of dollars which can be a nightmare. If you have noticed that your water bills are questionably higher than usual, it might be due to a leaking pipe. If the cause is investigated to be a pipe leak, you should get it fixed as soon as possible to reduce further damages.
Most pipe leaks are not detected until it affects the surroundings, which can create a hazardous environment if it spreads towards electrical installations such as lighting installations, sockets or power points. Hence, it is essential to always resolve a leaking pipe.
Facts About Water Leaks You Need To Know
- It is calculated nationwide that 1 trillion gallons of water are wasted due to plumbing leaks. This amount of water is almost equivalent to the amount used by 11 million homes annually.
- A leaking tap that drips at the rate of one drip per second will waste 3 thousand gallons of water yearly. This is how much water a shower tap uses for 180 showers.
- Repairing a small pipe leak can actually save you around 10 per cent of your water bills.
- 10 per cent of homes lose 90 gallons of water daily due to plumbing leaks.
Hopefully with the knowledge of these water leak facts, you will not overlook any kind of water leaks, as they will result in a costly price to pay.
7 Easy Ways To Detect A Water Leak And Fix It
Many leaks tend to go undetected, so here are some easy ways to detect a water leak. Fixing a leak early can save you money on plumbing in the long run. If you have detected any leaks which you cannot resolve, you can engage a professional plumber to fix it for you.
- Monitor your water meter over a two-hour period, and do not use any water. If there is a change in the meter, you are probably facing a water leak.
- You can check for a toilet bowl leak, by dripping some food colouring into the tank. If the food colouring shows up in the toilet bowl without flushing, it shows that the toilet bowl is leaking. Make sure to flush immediately as the colouring might stain your tank.
- You can fix a leaking faucet by checking the condition of the washers and gasket. Replace them if necessary.
- Most showerheads can be fixed by using pipe tape and wrench to ensure it is tightly secured.
- The cause of most leaking toilets is an old, faulty toilet flapper. It is recommended to get the whole flapper replaced as it is relatively easy and inexpensive.
- If you are experiencing a leaking garden hose, replace the nylon or rubber hose and ensure it is well connected to the spigot.
- You can keep your home leak-free by repairing dripping fixtures, they are usually affordable and easy to carry out.
Detect Water Pipe Leakage Before It Becomes An Expensive Bill
We have shared some ways you can detect and fix a water leak, as an early detection can save you from an expensive water bill due to pipe leakage. Now let’s move on to some common signs of a water pipe leak.
- Paint Damage
One common sight of water leaks is paint damage. If you have your water pipes above your ceiling, you may experience water dripping from your ceiling as the paint starts to peel and crack. You should contact a reliable plumber to get your pipes inspected as soon as possible.
- High Water Bills
It might be potential pipe leak if you have noticed unusually higher water bills. You can check if the water meters are increasing at a rapid rate. Contact a recommended plumber to examine the cause and get it fixed.
- Mildew Smell
Some home owners will prefer to fix minor leak issues on their own. However, if you are facing more serious leaks that will require emergency plumbing then it will be recommended for you to engage in professional plumbing services. If you attempt to fix major leaks, you may cause more damage which can result in undesirable outcomes.
If you are deciding to hire a professional plumber, you can research on the list of plumbing contractors on the Internet, also do remember to check out their and reviews and portfolios to ensure that they are reliable. It will be preferable if the plumbing contractor is honest and transparent with their plumbing prices.
Plumbing Maintenance Tips To Prevent Pipe Leakage And Water Pipe Leaks
Now that you have a clearer picture on pipe leaks and how to detect them. Here are some tips on plumbing maintenance and how you can prevent pipe leakage.
- Check Your Pipes Regularly
You should occasionally check your pipes for leaks to ensure that it does not go undetected, and evolve into a serious issue. You can have your pipes checked by a professional plumber if necessary and decide if a pipe repair or replacement is necessary.
- Always Insulate and Drain Your Pipes
Air flowing through your home can cause molds to grow inside pipe installations if they are wet or moist. Hence, it is recommended to drain and insulate them regularly.
- Run Your Faucets Regularly During Cold Weather
Home owners who rarely use their water taps face higher risks of pipe leaks and burst during cold weather. The sudden drop in temperature can cause pipes to freeze and contract. In order to prevent this, do turn on and utilise your taps and faucets regularly.
With these tips on pipe maintenance, the probability of you facing a major plumbing leak such as pipe leak should be reduced. However, do contact a reliable plumber for assistance if pipe leaks persist.
Types of Plumbing Pipes In The Market
- Flexible Copper Pipes
These pipes are usually used for appliances like refrigerators and dishwashers. They consist of soldered or compression fittings to ensure that a copper pipe leak doesn’t occur.
- Cast Iron Pipes
These pipes are more appropriate for toilet installations. They are usually bulkier than other types of pipes, and serve the purpose for underground installations, water distribution systems, drainages and sewers.
- Galvanized Pipes
These types of pipes are commonly used for residential plumbing. However, they are now used lesser due to its tendency to rust easily.
- PEX Pipes
These types of pipes are flexible and can be used as connectors for appliances like water heaters. Although they are slightly more expensive, they will require lesser maintenance. It is protected by an outer plastic layer to prevent damages from UV rays.
Why You Should Contact Everyworks Singapore.
In case you are currently experiencing any pipe leaks or related issues, do not hesitate to contact us. At Everyworks Singapore, we provide trusted plumbing services, including pipe leak repairs. We can handle an extensive range of pipe leak issues including exposed or concealed copper pipe, stainless steel pipe, PPR pipe, UPVC pipe, sink pipe, etc. Aside from pipe leaks, we have other plumbing leaks services such as leaking tap services, toilet bowl leak services, water heater leak services and shower leak services.
Everyworks Singapore gives you the quickest solution to resolve all home maintenance issues faced by the busy modern individual. Fast response, fast arrangements and quality workmanship at reasonable and affordable prices. As a leading trusted service provider in Singapore, we have served over 20,000 customers delivering outstanding service with hundreds of highly-rated reviews of our professional plumber, electrician, aircon servicing technicians and handyman teams. Read through our articles and browse our past works to find out more about our home services in Singapore. To find a quick solution to your home repair woes, contact our dedicated and fast response customer support with a picture or a quick text either by Whatsapp at +65 82410032 or calling us at +65 6909 0990. For email enquiries, send it to email@example.com.