Panasonic aircon is among the most widely used units in Singapore. In fact, many people consider them highly convenient whether they are used as home aircon or commercial/industrial aircon. Furthermore, this aircon once installed is said to provide various benefits and require little aircon servicing. Thus, if you are thinking of setting up a Panasonic aircon in your office or home, read on to find out more!
Panasonic Aircon Types
When it comes to Panasonic aircon, there are mainly five types of units sold in the market:
- Window Type – This uses minimal amounts of energy and consists of an anti-bacterial filter for maximum air purification, thereby reducing the need for an aircon chemical wash or overhaul.
- Elite Inverter SKY Series – This consists of a top flap design for enhanced airflow and elimination of airborne particles.
- Premium Inverter AERO Series – This includes two independent motors and flaps to provide faster and wider cooling and as well as constant comfort.
- Dual/Triple Split Type – This is essentially a wall-mounted deluxe inverter that provides maximum airflow and enhanced elimination of airborne particles using minimal energy.
- Floor Standing Inverter – This type of aircon unit comes in a modern design and contains features a 12-hour delay setting timer and a powerful airflow louver.
Where Should I Install My Panasonic Aircon?
Panasonic aircon can be installed in any place where you need maximum comfort. This includes bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens for HDB aircon installations. You can also have your aircon set up in your office for a conducive work environment.
History of Panasonic Aircons
Panasonic was founded in 1918 by Konusuke Matsushita. Originally, it specialised in selling duplex lamp sockets. But over the next decade, the company innovated more home appliance products such as bicycle lamps to help both ordinary and working people with their daily needs. In the late 50s, it started manufacturing air conditioners for commercial offices and homes and soon expanded its operations to Asian countries, Australia, and Europe. Over time, they pioneered many unique air conditioner models be it inverter aircon or VRF aircon. Moreover, they have been highly renowned for the following:
- Being A Trusted Aircon Manufacturer
- The aircon produced is durable and of high quality, therefore, Panasonic is widely trusted by Singaporeans with various aircon needs.
- Variety of Aircon Models
- One reason why Panasonic continues to dominate the market is because of the variety of aircon models in their catalog (some even including programmable thermostats). As such, most people with different needs can purchase a unit suitable for them.
- Captivating Designs
- Unlike other aircon manufacturers, Panasonic is known to give particular focus to the design of its units. As such, they are said to enhance your home or office’s appearance once their aircon installation is done.
Recommended Panasonic Aircon Models
Some of the most recommended Panasonic aircon models in Singapore include the following:
- System 1 Aircon (Non-Ionizer) – $909.00
- System 2 Aircon (XS series)- $2,009.00
- System 4 Aircon (XS series) – $3,505.00
Reasons Why You Should Install A Panasonic Aircon
- It Performs Quietly
Many installed aircon tend to operate noisily. In fact, the buzzing and humming sound that a number of them produce can be distracting whenever you work, study, or even sleep. Fortunately, Panasonic aircon from System 1 to 4 are built to emit minimal noise while they operate and can reduce noise levels by up to three decibels. As a result, you are less likely to feel distracted by them while you attend to important tasks.
- They Are Energy-efficient
Despite the strong airflow which they produce, Panasonic aircon is known to use minimal amounts of energy. For this reason, you can garner more aircon energy savings than if you would use other aircon units.
- Enhanced Odour Management
Many aircon units produce foul odours due to the way in which they easily accumulate dirt. In contrast, Panasonic has included a highly-rated odour management system in their air conditioners to prevent them from smelling. You are more likely to experience refreshing air as a result.
- They Require Minimal Maintenance
Although they contain many updated features, Panasonic units do not require much aircon servicing. Because of their durability, they can function for a long period of time without the need for constant aircon repairs.
Things To Consider Before Installing A Panasonic Aircon
Here are some things you should consider before installing a Panasonic aircon in your home:
- Choose The Best Aircon Type
No matter how updated your aircon is, you will not be able to experience its benefits if it happens to be the wrong unit for you. For this reason, you should consider which aircon type is most appropriate to install. If you currently want to install an aircon for your bedroom, you can opt for window type aircon. Otherwise, consider purchasing something larger if your unit is to be used by several people in a commercial space.
- Room Size
How big your room is can affect how much airflow you can experience from your aircon. If you plan to install your aircon in a bigger area such as a function room, you might want to purchase one with a high BTU rating. If the room which you need to be cooled is much smaller, however, try opting for an aircon with a BTU rating of just 5,000.
- Electricity Consumption Rate
Before you have multiple Panasonic aircon installed in your home, try getting an estimate of how much power they consume. If not, you might end up receiving costly power bills. In case your home or workspace requires multiple aircon to be installed, consider purchasing energy-efficient aircon to minimise your power consumption.
- Additional Offers and Services
Some aircon maintenance companies include offers and optional services for aircon installations. These can include long-term warranties as well as aircon servicing and maintenance packages. If you decide to purchase these, you might be able to reduce your aircon servicing expenses as well as your liability in case any common aircon issues take place.
- Reputable Aircon Service Providers
After you have chosen the Panasonic aircon you want to buy, it is best that you engage an aircon service to install it for you. That way, you can prevent aircon installation problems that might occur if you set up your unit yourself. In case you experience difficulty finding a reputable aircon company, try consulting family and friends for any recommendations.
How Reliable Are Panasonic Aircons?
Many aircon servicing companies consider Panasonic aircon to be highly reliable for the following reasons:
- They Are Tested Prior To Shipping
Panasonic aircon undergo rigorous testing and are made to adhere to quality-testing guidelines before being shipped. Some of these tests include checking their durability, stability of aircon parts, their shock resistance level, and even their water resistance level. By going through such processes, Panasonic units are guaranteed to function for a long period of time without facing issues such as aircon water leaks.
- They Are Made In Japan
Because they are built in Japan, System 1 to System 4 aircon from Panasonic is built with high-quality materials and comes in a modern design. As a result, they can last for a long time while also contributing to your home or office’s appearance.
- They Contain Updated Technology
In contrast to many units produced by other aircon brands, Panasonic aircon is built with up-to-date technology which complies with international standards. Some of these include the following:
- This is a built-in feature that helps ensure even distribution of airflow from your newly bought aircon.
- These are intelligent sensors that monitor human activity and sunlight to determine when the unit should function. As a result, it helps to conserve energy usage.
- Nano-air filtration and purification
- This feature helps to prevent aircon leaks and ensure cleaner air through enhanced deodorisation, dust removal, and elimination of airborne particles.
When Should I Repair or Replace My Panasonic Aircon?
What Are Signs That My Aircon Is Failing?
In order to know when you need to have an aircon repair done, take note of the following aircon repair symptoms:
- Aircon Doesn’t Blow Out Cold Air – This simply means that the unit is unable to distribute enough cold air or has weak airflow. A faulty capacitor or compressor is usually the cause.
- Aircon Gas Pipe Leaks – This tends to produce a foul smell and often takes place when the unit’s gas pipes become damaged. An aircon gas pipe repair is often needed to resolve it.
- Aircon Water Leaks – If your aircon begins to leak at the front or back, check if the refrigerant lines have frozen or if your air filters are clogged.
- Aircon Turns Off Automatically – If your Panasonic aircon turns off suddenly, it might be due to a defective thermostat or a clogged compressor or condenser which overheats.
- Blinking Lights – One sign that you have a malfunctioning aircon is if its light starts to blink on a random basis. If this is the case, see your compressor might be defective or if your aircon has dirty filters, electrical faults, and low amounts of refrigerant.
- Compressor Suddenly Stops Working – If your Panasonic unit’s compressor suddenly stops working, and causes your aircon to not be cold enough, check for signs of damage on the start relay, terminal wires, valves, and capacitor.
- AIrcon Emits Foul Smell – A highly common sign that an aircon issue is present is if your air conditioner starts to smell. In that case, check if its wiring might have burned or if moulds have begun forming on its ductwork.
How Should I Handle An Aircon Emergency?
In case your Panasonic aircon suddenly experiences an aircon emergency, make sure to do the following:
- Check The Circuit Board: If your Panasonic unit suddenly stops working, check the aircon’s circuit board to see if any electrical components have become damaged.
- Avoid Repairing Your Aircon Yourself: Even if your Panasonic aircon’s issues are quite severe, it is vital that you avoid doing an aircon repair. Otherwise, you might end up causing even more aircon damage which might render it irreparable.
- Study Your Aircon’s Issues: Be sure to study your Panasonic aircon’s issues before deciding on what to do next. That way, you’ll be able to quickly determine what type of aircon repair is needed.
- Call A Professional: After studying your Panasonic aircon’s issues thoroughly, be sure to call a professional with experience in aircon works. That way, you can ensure that your aircon is repaired efficiently and properly.
Whether it’s for residential or commercial use, Panasonic aircon is guaranteed to give you optimal comfort. Besides being highly durable, they are extremely energy-efficient and contain the most updated features available. Should you decide to have such an aircon installed in your home, simply contact Everyworks Singapore. Our aircon servicing technicians are well-equipped and heavily skilled to help you fulfill all your aircon needs. See our price list for more information on our servicing costs.
At Everyworks Singapore, we strive to provide the best home maintenance services for Singaporeans. As such, we ensure fast appointment arrangements, immediate customer response, and highly fair and affordable costs for any services which you might need. Our extremely professional and experienced electricians, plumbers, aircon servicing technicians, and handymen also make sure that our clients’ repairs and installations are done thoroughly and quickly as seen on our many positive Facebook reviews and Google reviews. To learn more about our home services, feel free to view our past home maintenance articles and works. For quick appointment booking, contact our responsive customer support team either by sending a picture or quick text through our Whatsapp at +65 8241 0032 or by calling us at +65 6909 0990. You may also email email@example.com in case you have any email enquiries.
This article is reproduced from DW Aircon Singapore.