When installing an aircon, It is critical to know about the differences between inverter and non-inverter units. By doing so, you will be able to set up the right residential or commercial/industrial aircon for you. Take note that inverter and non-inverter units tend to have similar designs and functions. As such, many are confused as to what specific unit they want aircon services to install.
To assist you when you purchase an aircon, we have provided a detailed comparison between inverter and non-inverter aircons. By exploring them, you might be able to decide better which aircon type is best for you.
Compressor Speed: As is the case with non-inverter units, inverter aircon (regardless of the aircon brand) includes a compressor linked to the inverter. The main difference is that this aircon part can run at different speeds in inverter types so that energy usage is conserved.
For inverter aircon, the compressor motor changes its speed based on the info sent by the unit’s sensors or programmable thermostat. If both the internal temperature reading and external temperature reading match, the compressor speed is lowered.
Noise Levels: Since the compressor for an inverter aircon does not turn off, it emits less noise. As such, it might be better to have this aircon installed in your HDB flat or office so that it receives cool air without you being distracted.
Power Efficiency: As stated earlier, the compressor of an inverter aircon does not run at a single speed. This is because the speed level is based on the temperature desired and ambient air temperature. As a result, only half of the power used by a non-inverter unit is consumed. This essentially proves that having an inverter aircon installed is the best way for you to have higher aircon energy savings.
Purchasing Price: Because it includes both a variable speed motor and an additional inverter, an inverter aircon tends to be more expensive. Thus, it is best to consult an aircon maintenance company before installing one in your home so that you can better manage your budget.
Compressor Speed: Unlike the compressor of an inverter home or office aircon, a non-inverter unit’s compressor runs at a stable rate. When refrigerant is being compressed, this component functions at its maximum capacity and then disables itself once the right temperature is reached. High amounts of power are consumed by the aircon as a result.
Noise Levels: If it is a quietly-performing aircon that you want to install, having an air conditioning service set up in a non-inverter unit might not be your best option. The reason for this is that the compressor changes modes frequently, causing loud sounds to be produced.
Power Efficiency: Since a non-inverter unit’s compressor motor functions at high speed, the only way to prevent it from experiencing common aircon issues is by disabling it frequently. However, this often leads to high amounts of power being consumed. As such, buying a non-inverter System 2 or System 3 aircon is not recommended if your aim is to conserve electricity usage.
Purchasing Price: Though cleaning and maintaining an aircon of the non-inverter type is more costly, it is actually less expensive to buy. This is because it contains fewer aircon components and connectors and has a motor that runs at a fixed speed. Nevertheless, it is best to seek guidance from an aircon technician if you want to install such an aircon in your office or home.
Inverter Aircons Pros and Cons
- They can save up to 50% more energy than non-inverter Daikin or Mitsubishi aircon.
- They are less noisy than System 1 to System 5 non-inverter aircon since the compressor does not have to be turned on and off frequently.
- They are highly durable and are therefore less likely to experience any aircon emergencies.
- They are more expensive to buy than non-inverter aircon installations since they include additional components and have a higher manufacturing cost.
Non-Inverter Aircons Pros and Cons
- They are less expensive to buy than inverter Daikin or Panasonic aircon since they consist of fewer parts. As such, they are better suited for those with a limited budget and do not require an all-day functioning unit.
- They are less power-efficient since their compressor motor frequently powers on and off. For this reason, their usage tends to result in high electric bills especially when they are used for long durations and in wide areas.
- The compressor of a non-inverter Mitsubishi or Panasonic aircon installation only turns on when it needs to compress the refrigerant and then shuts off once the unit reaches a certain temperature. Even though this process helps the aircon to release cold air, it also causes it to emit noisy sounds which can be very bothersome.
- A non-inverter Mitsubishi or Daikin aircon motor is less durable since its energy dissipates whenever it is disabled.
If you are deciding which aircon you should install, it is recommended that you choose an inverter aircon. This is due to its being highly power-efficient and its ability to perform quietly. As such, you will be able to provide your space with cool and refreshing air without any distractions and without having to worry about high power bills.
If you prefer to install an aircon that is only meant to be used momentarily, then picking a non-inverter unit might be more convenient. Though it performs more noisily and uses up more power, it might enable you to save more since its purchasing cost is not as high.
If you continue to face difficulty in choosing the right aircon to install, do not hesitate to contact Everyworks Singapore. Our aircon technicians can easily help you with any aircon solutions you require.
At Everyworks Singapore, we strive to provide the best home maintenance services for Singaporeans. As such, we ensure fast appointment arrangements, immediate customer response, and highly fair and affordable costs for any services which you might need. Our extremely professional and experienced electricians, plumbers, aircon servicing technicians, and handymen also make sure that our clients’ repairs and installations are done thoroughly and quickly as seen on our many positive Facebook reviews and Google reviews. To learn more about our home services, feel free to view our past home maintenance articles and works. For quick appointment booking, contact our responsive customer support team either by sending a picture or quick text through our Whatsapp at +65 8241 0032 or by calling us at +65 6909 0990. You may also email email@example.com in case you have any email enquiries.
This article is reproduced from DW Aircon Servicing Singapore.