There is a possibility that electricity and electrical appliances power trip or electrical hazards if installations such as power sockets are not properly handled. An electric current has two forms which are Direct current and Indirect current. Direct current is dangerous as is indirect current. On the other hand, shifting and both are very dangerous if there is skin-to-skin contact. It is a must to follow safety precautions as the human body is a better electrical conductor than the earth. It is important to know electrical safety anywhere we go.
Here are some tips on general electrical safety, to ensure that you are living safely and securely in Singapore.
General Electrical Safety Tips
- Plugging several electric plugs in a single socket can lead to a short circuit. Therefore, use different electrical sockets you need to plug many devices.
- Turn off the switch before pulling the plugs from the power outlet. As it may cause damage eventually. If the powerpoint is destroyed, better to contact a reliable electrician fix the damage and replace it with a new powerpoint right away.
- If you have pets keep all electrical wires out of reach. Your pets might the wires, and broken electrical wires can cause fire and dangerous hazards.
- Forbid your children to fiddle around electrical sockets or plugs, it can cause serious harm to them.
- Do not let electrical items come near the water. Water is known to be a good conductor of electricity.
- For any electrical work, it is best to call a licensed electrician. If you do not have enough knowledge of electricity, you better not do the work alone.
- Avoid using damaged or exposed electrical wires.
- Use insulated electrical outlet and switch box.
- Make sure to dry your hands and wear rubber insulating gloves when fixing electrical items.
We hope that these general safety tips will help keep you and your family safe from any electrical damage.
The human body is a good conductor of electricity thus, it can put your life at risk once there is skin-to-skin contact. Therefore, we should follow the electrical safety guidelines in our homes and workplace. Avoid doing electrical work alone instead, contact Everyworks Singapore to ensure fast and reliable electrical services.
At Everyworks Singapore, we strive to provide the best home maintenance services for Singaporeans. As such, we ensure fast appointment arrangements, immediate customer response, and highly fair and affordable costs for any services which you might need. Our extremely professional and experienced electricians, plumbers, aircon servicing technicians, and handymen also make sure that our clients’ repairs and installations are done thoroughly and quickly as seen on our many positive Facebook reviews and Google reviews. To learn more about our home services, feel free to view our past home maintenance articles and works. For quick appointment booking, contact our responsive customer support team either by sending a picture or quick text through our Whatsapp at +65 8241 0032.
This article was reproduced from Daylight Electrician Singapore.