Whether it be in the workplace or in your own home, door lock problems tend to be a frequently occurring issue which can be caused by several factors. As such, you should quickly engage a handyman service to carry out a door repair service. Otherwise, at its worst, you might find yourself locked out of your own home.
Everyworks Singapore’s crew consists of professional handymen highly experienced in all types of services, receiving many 5-star reviews. We are highly recommended when it comes to home repair and maintenance solutions such as door lock problems and many others.
Types of Door Lock and Door Knob Issues
Keep the following signs in mind to see if your door lock requires any repairs:
- Loose doorknobs/handles/locks
A door lock is composed of many different parts that function together so that the lock works smoothly. Because of this, any component which becomes loose can cause it to stop working properly. Usually, loose parts can occur due to frequent and/or rough handling such as constantly banging the door close or yanking the door handle forcefully. It’s important to notice a loose door knob or handle before it is completely irreparable and needs a door handle replacement. Contact a reputable door repair service company to provide you with assistance.
- Misaligned door locks
Uneven door locks can often result from internal lock components which are not well-aligned during the door lock installation. When this happens, there’s a lot more work to do besides changing the door lock, as fixing this would include making modifications to the door as well. If you feel you don’t have the proper knowledge to fix the problem alone, don’t hesitate to call our reliable handyman to offer our door repair service.
- Broken key in the door lock
To have a broken key in your door lock can be incredibly frustrating, and the professional way is to remove the key with a key extractor. Though it may look simple, using a key extractor can actually be very risky as it can damage the lock while removing the key jammed inside. So in case you experience a problem like this, make sure to call a professional handyman with locksmith experience from Everyworks Singapore. Calling a handyman is more convenient and also affordable.
- Jammed latches/locks
Jammed latches or locks can result from various factors, the most common of which would be inner accumulation of dust and dirt. Another reason would be because of a broken bolt or latch. Whatever the case, contact a professional handyman to get your latch or lock fixed immediately. For additional information on our door repair services, be sure to check out our price list.
Ways On How To Repair A Door Lock Yourself
- If you see that your door fails to unlock despite being able to turn your key, then it’s clear that a door lock problem is at hand. In spite of this, one merely needs to understand how a door lock works to fix it properly. Simply reassemble the door lock and replace the deteriorating parts. Otherwise, you can change the entire door lock structure or simply repair the individual components.
- If you are facing a door knob issue, check if the spindle has incurred any damage. If so, you may have to resort to a repair job or a lock change. Before doing a lock change, try moving the doorknob clockwise in order to tighten the screw. For better results, call a professional to do a door lock replacement for you.
- In the event that your door lock becomes jammed and fails to work properly, disassembling it and checking its components might be necessary. Should any part be broken, be sure to replace it or change the entire door lock set. If you’re unable to resolve the problem alone, immediately call for door lock repair services to fix the issue for you.
When Is A Door Lock Replacement Necessary?
If you find that your door lock is beyond fixing, then replacing it with a newer door lock might be inevitable. Other cases which require door lock replacement include the following:
- If the door lock you’re using is an old one, immediately consider replacing it with a newer door lock. Not only will it prevent further issues, but it can guarantee your safety as well.
- If your door lock is absolutely unfixable, then there is no other choice than to replace it with a newer door lock model.
- Losing all keys to your door lock will also warrant a door lock replacement, especially if no extra keys are available.
Why Should You Contact Everyworks Singapore?
Based on the many calls we get everyday for door repair services, it’s fair to say that door lock issues are a frequently recurring occurrence. More often than not, we receive calls from frustrated homeowners who have tried but failed to repair their own door locks or door knobs. For guaranteed safety, don’t hesitate to engage our handyman services to get your door lock or door knob issues resolved skillfully and quickly.
Everyworks Singapore gives you the quickest solution to resolve all home maintenance issues faced by the busy modern individual. Fast response, fast arrangements and quality workmanship at reasonable and affordable prices. As a leading trusted service provider in Singapore, we have served over 20,000 customers delivering outstanding service with hundreds of highly-rated reviews of our professional plumber, electrician, aircon servicing technicians and handyman teams. Read through our articles and browse our past works to find out more about our home services in Singapore. To find a quick solution to your home repair woes, contact our dedicated and fast response customer support with a picture or a quick text either by Whatsapp at +65 82410032 or calling us at +65 6909 0990. For email enquiries, send it to email@example.com.
This article is reproduced from A1 Handyman Singapore.