Planning to install a VRF or a VRV aircon system at your office? You need to know about the advantages and disadvantages of the two before choosing one as an office aircon. There are also other factors when choosing an office aircon.
In a VRF and VRV aircon system, you can install multiple indoor units attached to a single outdoor unit. The initial costs of a VRF and VRV aircon installation is cheaper. Installing additional units will also be easier as the system is fully modular. They are the preferred choice when it comes to commercial/industrial aircons.
Users will be able to control all indoor units individually with a VRF or VRV aircon system, unlike the central aircon system. The outdoor unit also has different modules to operate at the required capacity. Meanwhile, the compressor can also operate in various speed levels. The rate in which the VRF or VRV aircon system works will largely depend on the cooling requirement as influenced by the surrounding temperature outdoors. This is the reason these units are renowned for their energy efficiency.
Want to know more about the VRF and VRV aircon system? Read more below:
There are more benefits to a VRF or VRV aircon than the ones mentioned above.
- The VRF and VRV Daikin aircon system is considered to be the most technologically advanced unit available in the market. It is also extremely energy efficient compared to other aircon brands that may be lacking certain features or technologies as compared to the Daikin aircon system. This brings about excellent aircon energy savings.
- Only one outdoor unit is needed for several indoor units. This brings about two benefits. Firstly, it saves you space. Secondly, the initial installation charges will be more affordable. Users can choose to add more internal units down the line though this will cost them more money.
- It can also improve the interior of the space as it is not installed on a wall compared to a multi-split aircon system.
- Unlike a multi-split aircon system, a VRF or VRV aircon system also has lesser electrical wirings, making it easier and less troublesome to install.
- You will get better air quality because of its air purification features.
- To attach the outdoor unit, longer pipes are used. Often, the outdoor units will be far away from the indoor units. This also brings about another benefit as the noise generated by the outdoor components will not be noticeable indoors. On top of that, a VRF system is relatively quieter than a multi-split aircon outdoor unit.
- Refrigerants used in a VRF or VRV aircon systems are more ozone friendly.
- Other things such as combustion, flues, gas piping, and an outdoor unit’s wall-mounted grille are not required for this aircon system.
- As a user, getting a VRV aircon system installed will undoubtedly experience greater energy efficiency, get a modular and flexible design, enjoy a simple aircon installation process, and zoned comfort.
However, take note that this system also has its disadvantages.
These mostly commercial aircon systems also have disadvantages.
- The VRF or VRV Daikin aircon system is not a good application for units requiring a high outside temperature.
- This system is not suitable for places such as hospitals and laboratories.
- For VRF aircon systems, several pipes and joints are required to be installed to successfully put up the outdoor and indoor units. Only when the installation is done flawlessly do users get to enjoy the VRV aircon system for a long period of time. Any mistakes done during the installation can be difficult to find because of its complex installation process. Therefore, hiring a professional company to install the aircon is vital.
- The cost a VRF system is more expensive than a multi-split aircon system.
If you are still curious and want to find out more, do not hesitate to contact us at Everyworks Singapore. Our professional team can provide more information about commercial aircons as well as advise what should be done. For more information, feel free to view our price list.
Everyworks Singapore gives you the quickest solution to resolve all home maintenance issues faced by the busy modern individual. Fast response, fast arrangements and quality workmanship at reasonable and affordable prices. As a leading trusted service provider in Singapore, we have served over 20,000 customers delivering outstanding service with hundreds of highly-rated reviews on both Google and Facebook for our professional plumber, electrician, aircon servicing technicians and handyman teams. Read through our articles and browse our past works to find out more about our home services in Singapore. To find a quick solution to your home repair woes, contact our dedicated and fast response customer support with a picture or a quick text either by Whatsapp at +65 82410032 or calling us at +65 6909 0990. For email enquiries, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was reproduced from DW Aircon Singapore.